Marzipan ice cream on a stick
- Heat the Olo marzipan, cream and milk in a pan - until the marzipan has melted.
- Add the poppy seeds.
- Pour the mixture into ice-cream moulds and freeze overnight.
- Before serving, dip the ice cream in liquid chocolate.
After dipping the marzipan ice cream in the chocolate, decorate with Olo Pistachios and dried strawberries.
The ice cream can be stored in the freezer for about 1 week.
Marzipan ice cream
Olo Marzipan, in pieces
Cream, whipped stiff
- Blend the Olo marzipan and milk in a blender.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then add the icing sugar. Continue beating until the mixture is firm.
- Stir in the egg yolks briefly.
- Carefully fold in the marzipan mixture and cream.
- Leave to freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 1/2 hour before serving.
Tip: To get coloured glazes, use different coloured marzipan from Olo.
The jars can be stored in the freezer for 3-4 weeks.
Photo by Michelle Tsang