Marzipan Christmas cookies
Christmas seasoning (1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom)
- Crush the marzipan, add the egg, powdered sugar and Christmas spices and stir to form a dough.
- Add the flour and ground almonds to make a firm dough.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll out part, cut out stars (approx. ½ - 1cm thick) and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake the stars in the middle of the preheated oven at 180 ° C for approx. 10 minutes.
- Let the baked stars cool down.
- Melt the chocolate couverture. Dip the stars halfway in and decorate with sugar sprinkles.
Marzipan-Almond Bundt Cake
Olo Almonds, chopped
Olo Marzipan bakeproof, in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 150° C.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs gradually and beat the mixture until fluffy.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the milk and divide the dough in half.
- Mix one half with the liquid chocolate.
- Add the almonds and marzipan to the other half.
- Pour both dough masses into a pre-greased Gugelhopf tin and mix loosely with a fork.
- Bake the cake for approx. 60 minutes.
- After cooling, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Marzipan Puff Pastry
Olo Almond paste
Olo Ground almonds
- Heat the milk and dissolve the Olo almond paste in it, stirring.
- Mix in the almonds and sultanas and leave to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into rectangles.
- Spread the filling on the puff pastry.
- Fold the pastry into a star shape, pressing the seams tightly.
- Place the pockets on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush with egg yolk and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C bottom and top heat (fan oven 180°C) for 15-20 minutes.
Photo by Karolina Kolodziejczak
Lemon, grated zest and juice
Puff pastry, rolled out
Almonds, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven 180°C).
- For the filling, mix the almonds, almond paste, butter, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Cut the dough into 8 equally sized triangles.
- Spread the almond filling on the bottom half of the dough pieces.
- Roll up the dough into croissants and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush the croissants with a little egg and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 20 minutes.
Olo Marzipan, in pieces
Rhubarb, in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160° C convection oven (180° C top/bottom heat).
- Warm the milk until lukewarm and then mix the yeast in it.
- Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter.
- Form a well and add the milk and yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough and let it rest covered for 1 hour.
- Bring the rhubarb and preserving sugar to the boil in a pan, stirring, and boil for 4 minutes.
- Puree the rhubarb and leave to cool. Then mix in the marzipan.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle and spread the filling on top (leave a 2-3 cm border).
- Roll up the dough from the long side and cut the roll in half lengthwise.
- Carefully intertwine the two sides and form a wreath.
- Bake the wreath for 35 - 40 minutes.
Tip: Alternatively, use 200 g rhubarb and 150 g strawberries.